Event: Victory for Mental Health Sep 27 with Mental Health America of Virginia – Richmond
Thursday, September 27
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Glen Allen VA 23060
Celebrating Success in Virginia Mental Health Advocacy
- Major increase in state funding for behavioral health
- 400,000 more low-income Virginians eligible for health insurance
- Mental health education requirement for high schools
- Dr. Hughes Melton, the new Commissioner of Behavioral Health
- Sen. Creigh Deeds and Del. Rob Bell to present the Advocate Champion award
- Advocate Champion of the Year award to students behind the new state law requiring mental health education in schools
PLUS: Announcing Expansion of MHAV’s Peer-Run Warm Line!
We invite you to join us for food, networking, and to congratulate our advocate champions.
Purchase tickets at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/victory-for-mental-health-tickets-48597763218