Job: Peer Recovery Specialist-Navigate with Highlands CSB in Abingdon
Peer Recovery Specialist-Navigate
Location: Abingdon, VA
Job Code: 042418100421
JOB TITLE: Peer Recovery Specialist-Navigate
OFFICE LOCATION: Abingdon, VA
STATUS: Part-time/ Monday- Friday
Can you empathize with adults and adolescents that are diagnosed with Schizophrenia and related disorders? Come join our team at HCS to improve lives and discover possibilities.
Some of your duties will be….
• Accepting referrals for Peer Recovery Services from Navigate Program staff and coordinating those services.
• Identifying support needs and educating consumers in recovery to the agency and programs.
• Documenting progress notes.
• Sharing his or her own recovery story and experiences while role modeling to consumers coping skills, self-help strategies and regular use of wellness tools.
• Helping consumers to understand Schizophrenia and related disorders and educating them on relapse warning signs, how to identify and utilize recovery supports and how to identify personal recovery goals.
In order to be considered for the position:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Have lived with experience of Schizophrenia or similar diagnosis.
• Complete the online application at www.highlandscsb.org.
• HCS requires a formal resume to be submitted along with the application.
Failure to complete any of the above steps will make you an ineligible candidate.
Please Note: If you are having difficulty attaching your resume and/or transcripts, try using Explorer instead of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.