Magellan Complete Care of VA is currently seeking a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist who will work remotely and lives in the Charlottesville, VA or Lynchburg, VA area.
This position provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. This position performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
· Assists in identifying recovery goals to help members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
· Provides information and support to assist members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning and facilitating co-creating of Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and Peer Support Whole Health and Resiliency (PSWHR) as needed based on member’s choice.
· Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with members.
· Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
· Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
· Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings.
· Promotes community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
· Links members to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
· Liaison with parent-run and consumer organizations and provider agencies regarding efforts to expand the use of peer specialists, achieve family/consumer-driven and youth-guided care, and support recovery-oriented programs. Acts as liaison with advocacy organizations regarding peer support training and implementation initiatives.
· Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
· Documents all interactions according to company standards.
· Travels to meet members within the community.
· Other duties as assigned.
To apply please follow this link