*Full-Time and Part-Time position available*
Alleghany Highlands Community Services provides services and support to individuals in our community with behavioral health challenges and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Performs a variety of paraprofessional duties in support of wellness and recovery by assisting individuals utilizing the CIT Assessment Site. Assists individuals in mental health crisis by providing supportive counseling, helping them articulate their support needs and developing strategies for recovery, helping them monitor their progress, modeling effective coping techniques and self-help strategies based on the specialist’s own recovery experience and training.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Valid drivers’ license and safe driving record required.
- Must be, or have previously been a recipient of mental health services or substance use disorder services for a mental illness or substance use disorder and should be well along in the recovery process.
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
- Experience facilitating recovery support groups and/or WRAP groups for an individual with mental illness.
- Some college
- Certified WRAP Facilitator
- Provide supportive atmosphere for individuals receiving services
- Provides supportive level counseling throughout the Emergency Custody Order (ECO) process and refers problems to appropriate staff members as required
- Records individual served progress and communicates with treatment team regarding progress and concerns
- Provides follow up outreach to individuals served in the form of face to face and/or phone contact
Full-Time Benefits: Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Employer match on retirement contributions, Generous annual leave and sick leave, Educational Assistance
Part-Time Benefits: Employer match on retirement contributions, Annual leave