For those of you interested in a career as a Peer Support Specialist with Fairfax County CSB, Or if you support peers in their efforts to work for the County as Peer Support Specialists
The Office of Individual & Family Affairs (OIFA) Invites You To…
Realistic Job Preview:
Peer Support Specialist
Join us on Thursday, September 5
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at
Merrifield Center, 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr.,
Fairfax, VA 22031
Lower Level, Room 419/425
Light refreshments will be served.
Individuals in recovery from mental health challenges, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders are often drawn to careers helping others along their recovery journey. The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) has numerous openings for Peer Support Specialists.
In this presentation, you will:
- Hear from experienced Peer Support Specialists, Jalna Harris & Nicholas Yacoub, as they share insights on their daily work;
- Get an explanation on the County’s hiring processes and procedures; and
- Learn the soft skills, training, and other qualifications needed to be successful in the peer recovery field.
We invite peers, service providers, and all those who want to:
- Use their recovery from substance use disorder and/or mental health challenges to help others in recovery,
- Understand what CSB hiring managers really want in a Peer Support Specialist,
- Hear from Peer Support Specialists and ask questions about their work, and/or
- Better support peers interested in peer support as a career.
RPSV to firstname.lastname@example.org for this interactive, information-packed session. Registration deadline: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Reserve Your Seat Today!